BOUND FOR GREATNESS
Project Impact celebrity student leadership/mentoring program, K - 12 is hosted by nationally acclaimed TV star, D. West. We provide leadership support, mentoring, behavior management workshops, character enhancement programs, and bullying prevention support services for students (at-risk, disaffected, special needs, homeless, disengaged, low achieving, alternative education), disadvantaged schools, alternative education programs, juvenile detention centers and communities.
In addition, we facilitate leadership/motivational support for teachers, parents, coaches, social workers, administrators and counselors. Project Impact is designed to improve academic performance, school climate, time-on-task, student leadership, goal setting, life skills, career development, character, teacher leadership and teacher parent relations, and parental involvement.
Project Impact is prorated to help schools and cities that have limited operating budgets, high crime, poverty, violence and disadvantaged children and educational resources. It is also for educational leaders who are proactively engaged in improving school climate, academic performance, student safety, health, leadership skills, character, and life skills. Bound For Greatness is going the distance to ensure successful outcomes for thousands of children nationwide. This is our pay-it-forward program.
Our celebrity student leadership program is 5 months and a full fiscal school year. Our celebrity consultant visits a school and/or school district once a week, biweekly and/or once a month. Each visit is 30 - 60 minutes. The Superintendent of Schools or a district director or a principal at a school selects the target student body, for example:
• Special needs students, at-risk students, disaffected students.
• Alternative education students, homeless students.
• Student leaders, followers or BULLIES.
• Students who are involved in GANG activity.
• Students with disciplinary issues.
• Students with bad attitudes and tolerance issues.
• All male and/or female student leadership mentoring.
• Middle School, Elementary School, or High School students.
• Student athletes, student residing in single parent households.
• A low achieving grade level or class or select group of students or students with a 2.0 GPA.
• In-school suspension program.
• A group size of 10 - 20 students who need additional leadership guidance and academic support. You can add 5 more students.
D. West will meet with your target student body 2 times a month inside a classroom or area that has seats and tables to accommodate the students. The duration of the leadership workshops/visits are 25 minutes, 30 minutes and 45 minutes.
At the end of each session, our lead facilitator meets with the school’s or city's program coordinator or the principal of the school.
We discuss program updates, give and receive feedback, review student progress, reinforcement needs, behavior management issues, conflict resolution strategies and initiatives, set new goals and plan curriculum for the following leadership session.
All workshops are strategically planned in advance and placed on a syllabus. We address your monthly target goals that are aligned with our program topics of discussion. Our leadership topics of discussion will be facilitated from our curriculum teacher’s resource book “The Navigator”. Share Project Impact with your leadership team and district directors.
Additional Support Services
• Students can also participate in our D West TV Online Student Leadership Program for the full fiscal school year.
• Participating schools receive free self-help books written by D. West for the students enrolled in the leadership program.
• Some students will be afforded an opportunity to participate in our celebrity student internship TV, magazine career
development program/corporate field trip interview or Children's M.D. Internship Program (available in some east coast states).
• There is parental involvement support and workshops for parents.
• We also provide teacher morale leadership support and motivation.
Please review our topics of discussion, choose topics from our list that align with your leadership goals and initiatives. Email us the topics. When we receive your topics of interest, we will prepare a program syllabus for your school district, school, and/or city/town. There are flexible visits with this program. Our program topics are the following:
• Behavior Management
• Making Good Choices and Decisions
• Career Development
• Life Skills Enhancement
• Goal Setting
• Conflict Resolution
• Gang Prevention & Intervention
• Teen Relationship and Dating Violence
• Dropout Prevention and Intervention
• Vandalism, Hazing
• Importance of Education
• Peer Pressure
• Health, Nutrition, Sports and Fitness
Project Impact is tailored specifically to meet your educational objectives and goals. This program is discounted. If long term leadership support for students, teachers, and parents are at the top of your priority list, Project Impact is ideal for your district and/or school. Print the program letter and e-mail Susan Curry, Vice President of Special Projects, click the contact us link to email.